Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L Question
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:00:58 -0500
The answer is probably in the data you didn't give us.  If this was an L
made from something like #12 wire held up by a tree, it would be a very
good match for 50 ohm coax, so about 1.5 SWR for 75 ohm line.

So what is the support?  A tree?  Or maybe an insulated tower being fed
as the vertical portion of the antenna, or is the tower just holding up
a wire inverted L next to the tower?  If that is the case, what is on
the tower? Yagis? Other wire antennas? Insulated or non-insulated guys?
All this will contribute to loading on the tower.  In this is the case
the resonant point of the tower is the important parameter.  If it is
near 160 meters it can cause all kinds of problems.

Jerry, K4SAV