[TowerTalk] Fwd: 25G/House bracket

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: 25G/House bracket
From: HansLG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 14:25:52 EDT
Hi Art,

Having built a few houses I am concern about "just" attaching a tower to  the
house especially to the eave. You could have some steel ribbons attached to
the roof rafters inside the house to create a relative strong
point-of-attachment for the tower. Using a chimney is out as you should only
consider that
as a pile of bricks with an improved friction between each brick  from the
mortar.

The "usual" wind load calculation would give you how much load you need to
anchor in the house. Remember that the house itself will be exposed to wind the
 same time as the tower.

Hans, N2JFS