[TowerTalk] Dual Driven Elements for 4 Element 40m Yagi

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dual Driven Elements for 4 Element 40m Yagi
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 20:06:44 -0700
Someone recently posted a query about an EZNEC model for the M2
4-element yagi with dual driven elements.  I misplaced the posting, but
if the requester is interested in modeling 40m dual driven elements in
general, rather than the M2 antenna in particular, it might be
worthwhile using the dimensions from the OptiBeam OB4-40 to load into
EZNEC.  I've done that with other OptiBeam antennas and gotten very good
correlation with real life results.  Many of the OptiBeam manuals are
available from 9K2HN's website, and some were even contributed by DF2BO
himself.  The OB4-40 is at

www.9k2hn.com/ob4-40.pdf

The phasing line between the two driven elements is pretty
straightforward to model, and there are a couple of different ways to
model the decoupling stubs on each side of the elements.  I can help
with the OB4-40 model if that would serve the purpose of the requester,
but I don't have any knowledge of the M2 version specifically.

73,
Dave   AB7E