[TowerTalk] Running coax to tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Running coax to tower
From: Roger Cooke <g3ldi@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 07:08:25 +0000 (GMT)
Hi.

  My tower is about 80ft from the house. I have a catenary wire fixed on the
tower at about 15ft with a D shackle and at the house end with a wall bolt
fixed right through the wall of the house, a bungalow actually, at about ten
feet. I then suspend all the cables from that with a series of large cable ties
fixed at every three feet.  At the tower end, the catenary is controlled by a
winch, enabling me to lower the whole thing for additional cables or
maintenance etc. I have a loop of cables at the tower end to allow this to
happen. It all works very well. I have five coax and two control cables in it
at present.

   At my previous place I did have an 80ft length of 4inch water pipe buried in
the ground coming up into the shack. I was able to put three coax cable through
that using a draw cable, but after that it all got into an awful mess, as the
cables tended to corkscrew around each other. I gave up on that idea.

Regards from Roger, G3LDI
Swardeston, Norfolk.