Re: [TowerTalk] FOR SALE

To: "Mike Fatchett W0MU" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FOR SALE
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:35:12 -0700 (PDT)
I use a Green Heron to control a K7NV prop pitch turning a MonstIR.
It is absolutely wonderful the way it accelerates and decelerates
without torqueing the tower, and I save big $$ by not having to
run heavy cables from the tower to the shack.  I have the remote
tower box that connects to the shack with CAT5 cable.
To me, it is well worth the money for this high end application.

OTOH, for more mundane applications like my AlfaSpid/SteppIR, the price is
harder to justify merely for the nice point and shoot interface.
I have been getting by on the Spid controller, which is certainly
not my favorite.

Rick N6RK