Re: [TowerTalk] 'new' technique for feeding towers.

To: towertalk@contesting.com, radioart@charter.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 'new' technique for feeding towers.
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:49:17 -0400
The use of skirt wires is nothing new.
It's simply a variant of a shunt feed, as described in the old
handbooks.

It's a good technique, though.

In 1977, I used it to load a 500' FM/commercial tower on 1450KHz AM,
as well
as 1830 for contests.   In that case, we had to use a second set of
skirts, to
decouple the upper portion of the tower--a shorted quarter wave works
wonders,
even when there's a 50' on a side,  500' tall tower.

N2EA

Message: 3