Re: [TowerTalk] pulling guy lines tightly

To: towertalk@contesting.com, wc1m@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pulling guy lines tightly
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 09:25:17 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/2008 11:05:05 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  W8JI compared the readings with EHS and fiberglass guy  material in series
and found a large discrepancy. As far as I know, he  didn't compare EHS and
Phillystran. My experiment compared the readings of  two gauges on the same
material, 1/4" EHS.

    I re-read Tom's emails and he didn't really know  what the fiberglass
material was. He surmised it was Phillystran. Phillystran  uses an aramid fiber
(ala Kevlar) which I don't know if that's the material he  was using.

    I don't have any rebuttal for Tom's (and also  Dick's) observations but
the one I did had 3/16" EHS, 3/16" 7x19 galvanized  steel and HPTG4000 in
series pulled to a recently calibrated Dillon  Tensionmeter and they all read
the
same +/- a couple of percent.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC