Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft MA5B

To: <dragonsong@sbcglobal.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft MA5B
From: "Dave Tipton" <dave@dmtgweb.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 17:04:56 -0500
I owned an MA5B that was mounted on a pushup mast at about 20 feet for a few
years.  It was actually a pretty good little compact antenna.  I never fully
tuned the thing, and relied on the rigs auto tuner to match impedance, but
for what it was, it really did a great job on 20 and 17.  (Those were the
only two bands I really used it on.)

The fact that it can be turned with a TV rotor, and weighs virtually
nothing, definitely added to it's flexibility and desirability.