[TowerTalk] US Tower HDX-572 Heavy Duty Raising Fixture

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower HDX-572 Heavy Duty Raising Fixture
From: "Gene S." <k5gs@q.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:29:53 +0000
I'm using the US Tower Heavy Duty Raising Fixture for a US Tower HDX-572.

The stock winch is the Fulton K2550.

The last time I tilted and restored the tower to vertical the K2550 made
amazingly loud nosies which I understand may be slippage of the brake.

I recently came across a new Fulton KW3000 winch that is a worm gear winch
with higher ratings than the stock K2550, and does not use a friction brake.

Has anyone upgraded their raising fixture to the KW3000?

Does anyone have an opinion on changing the winch from a friction brake
archiecture to the worm gear architecture?

73,

Gene K5GS