[TowerTalk] EHS as a Radiator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EHS as a Radiator
From: "Dave Tipton" <dave@dmtgweb.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:45:48 -0500

I have been playing with the idea of using two of my 60 foot guy wires as
radiators on a Delta Loop.  Basically, I have the resistor and balun from my
old B&W Folded dipole. The idea being to put the resistor at the base of one
guy wire, and put the balun at the base of the other.  (Or just top feed the
whole thing)   Anyway. Run a counterpoint from one guy to the other.

Anyone got any experience in doing something like this?  In their V-Beam,
the counterpoise is actually a grounded wire or none at all.  Am I nuts or
is this a really cool idea for not having to hang anymore wires off the
tower?  (Which will make my XYL exceptionally happy since it's all in the
back yard.  (Guys and everything)