[TowerTalk] Dual bander 80-160 mts

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dual bander 80-160 mts
From: "Fabio Grisafi" <fabio.grisafi@libero.it>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:42:31 +0200
Hello Guys!

I have to rebuild my 160 meters' vertical (Inverted L) with an extra idea
that I hope is not meaningless.

The vertical is made by aluminum (3 to 2 inches diameter) up to 22 meters
(72 ft) from the ground then an horizontal
wire (2 mm diameter copper with galvanized connection and penetrox grease at
the junction) in direction of the 20 meters'
yagi tower that is about 40 meters away.

Full electrical dimension of the INVERTED L approaches 1/4 WL at 1840KHz and
we consider an impedance of about 20 Ohms
with 60 ground radials (abt 30 meters long). I will accept 1.6:1 SWR at
resonance (NO TUNING NETWORK AT THE MOMENT).

I WISH TO ADD 75/80 METERS COVERAGE TO THIS ANTENNA WITH A PARALLEL WIRE
(PARALLEL TO THE ALUMINUM TUBING) REACHING THE TOP
OR CONNECTED TROUGH INSULATOR AND A LITTLE ROPE TO THE HORIZONTAL PORTION OF
THE 160 METERS ANTENNA.

IS IT A SIMPLE TASK OR MAYBE I DO NOT CONSIDER SOME TROUBLE?

I DO NOT WISH TO USE A TRAP AT THE TOP OF THE ALUMINUM TUBES.

I remember the first years of activity in the '80s I was using paralleled GP
and dipoles.

Best regards, and CU in CQWW with this antenna....

73 de IT9GSF, Fabio.