Re: [TowerTalk] to anodize or not to anodize

To: "Michael E Fox (N5MEF)" <N6MEF@mefox.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] to anodize or not to anodize
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 00:08:52 -0400
Michael E Fox (N5MEF) wrote:
> I need to know whether or not to have the aluminum panels I'll use for a
> lightening arrestor bulkhead and for a grounding/bonding bulkhead anodized.

Alodyning (SP?) would probably be a better choice.  It's a good
corrosion protection and electrically conductive, but also physically
fragile. It's relatively easy to do, but messy and the chemicals are a
bit nasty.  It gives that gold color you see on some aluminum chassis
 OTOH it's probably not necessary to do any thing to the bulkhead except
protect it from the elements.

73

Roger (K8RI)