Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical with no radial wires

To: WA3GIN <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical with no radial wires
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 19:42:19 -0400
WA3GIN wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Looking for a commercial 80-10m for a building roof top install.  The
> building roof is rubber so we're using non-penetrating roof mounts for the
> base of the vertical. The building owner prefers no wires on the roof top.

The AV640 works well on 40 through 6, but it's not designed for 75/80.
Some claim to use them on that band but like "half slopers" YMMV
*greatly*. Even at low power I'd be concerned about the matching network
voltages on 75.  I don't remember what mine measured, but I do remember
It's highly reactive and the impedance is way off. OT OH if need be it
wouldn't take me long to check.  The meter is only about 5' from the end
of the coax out in the shop.

73

Roger (K8RI)