Re: [TowerTalk] LM-470 Installation Info Needed

To: "Bill Gaines AD8P" <ad8p@wcoil.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LM-470 Installation Info Needed
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:35:54 -0400
The bottom line is that you should have a 2:1 mechanical advantage pulley
configuration so as to not put excessive strain on the cable.  I believe
that the bracket you are saying you are missing is not necessary.  Just use
the small cable that you say came with the tower.  The route the cable
should take is: from the winch up over the top of the top pulley that is on
the raising fixture, down around the pulley that is temporarily attached to
the tower outer leg, and back up to the raising fixture where there the end
of the cable is attached using a nut and bolt thru the 2 holes that are just
under the pulley bracket at the top of the raising fixture.

Bob W6TR