Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor - to service or not to service?

To: <gdslagel@yahoo.com>, "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor - to service or not to service?
From: "Larry WA9VRH" <wa9vrh@dishmail.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:04:34 -0500
Hi Gary,

The Ham IV are pretty simple. If it was me I would disassemble the rotor and
clean out the old grease from the bearing races and the bearings. Clean off
the rust wherever it may be and give the rotor a good paint job. Give the
bearings and trace a good coat of a low temperature grease. I would also
clean the potentiometer and the the contacts.

New U bolts would probably be a good idea also.

73 Larry WA9VRH