Re: [TowerTalk] GiNPOLE PULLEY

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] GiNPOLE PULLEY
From: chasm@texas.net
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:49:50 -0500
K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/26/2008 10:04:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> towertalk-request@contesting.com writes:
>
>>  Anyone try one of these yet?
>
>>  _http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290269531547_
> (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290269531547)
>

>     I haven't tried one but it looks FB. Just add an  aluminum pole and leg
> clamp and you're good to go.

I bought mine about 2 or maybe 3 years ago and the bottom pulley was
fixed instead of being the present "loose" fix to the bolt on plate.

everything else appears to be the same except for paint color.

works great, been used on several towers.

cannot imagine how anyone would own a Rohn and not own this gin pole
set. ..  also that flat tool that horses the sections together or apart.

I am still looking for a mandrel that you can drive down into the
female ends to remove the rolled or dented edge AND the opposite tool
to true up the male tubing ends.  why doesn't anyone make those for sale??

fwiw
chas  k5dam