Re: [TowerTalk] Tower suggestions?

To: "Rick Kiessig" <kiessig@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower suggestions?
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 00:41:23 -0000
A used Tri-Ex LM-354HD.  Will handle your windloading with ease, goes to 54
feet plus a HD mast will take it to 60+ feet.  Motor crank up if you can
find it.  I would consider a prop pitch instead of the Prosistel.  Pro
sistels don't have the greatest reputation and are expensive, whereas a prop
pitch with a Green Heron control box is virtually trouble free and more
flexible.  I now have a LM34HD and it is rated at something like 52 sqft at
87mph.  I have also run with the LM470, which is the same tower with an
added top section, using a prop pitch to rotate a KLM Big Stick 6 element
20M beam on a 58 foot boom.  Had it up in CA for 6 years and never had a
problem with anything.

Bob W6TR