Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing re-grease

To: Mike <nf4l@nf4l.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing re-grease
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 11:19:22 -0500
Well... shoot... No, actually, I was trying to make a different point,
namely,  that one should not deviate from manufacturer's
specifications, and I was not intending to discuss tower design,
per se.  Apparently  my analogy was not completely  air tight
and some members have preferred to focus on the inherent faults
in the analogy than address the main point.   I suspect most analogies
are inherently flawed to some degree - otherwise they would not be
analogous, but precise examples.

I guess it would have been better had I thought of a perfect analogy...
i.e., one beyond debate in itself,  so we would not get off the track
debating the analogy, instead of the main point.

Thank you for your courtesy in reminding us of the distinction you
mention.