Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45G Self Supporting

To: Divinia Darin <wg5j@me.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45G Self Supporting
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:26:45 -0500
Divinia Darin wrote:
> What are the recommendations on Rohn 45 self supporting?
>
> I am looking at approx 50' with a 2 element steppir and a Ham M.
> Figure I am good?

Not according to "The book".  They used to have and may still do some
where that 45G can stand 30' unguyed (I can't find it now), but the
antenna load is small.  On the last  page of the 45G section it says
"Guyed towers are not  self supporting at any height".

Yes I know it's done, but when doing so you're on your own.  As it's
against ROHN's own recommendations I doubt any insurance would be good
be it liability of replacement.

Roger (K8RI)