Re: [TowerTalk] trylon 72 foot tower

To: w7jwc@charter.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] trylon 72 foot tower
From: "Tom Haavisto" <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:07:56 -0500
Hi Jeff

I shunt fed my 64' on 80, and found the signal levels from it were
well below my half-sloper on another tower.  I spent quite a bit of
time trying to get it to work on 160, and in the end, I gave up on it.
 What I ended up doing was putting up was two half-slopers for 80 (one
for CW and one for phone, and an inverted L for 160.

Makes for a great DX combination :-)  Make sure you add radials to the
bottom of the tower - it won't play well without them.

Tom - VE3CX