[TowerTalk] LB Cebik's New Book Published - Multi-Band Beam Design

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] LB Cebik's New Book Published - Multi-Band Beam Design
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:28:17 EST
FYI.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC

>  **** New book publication - LB Cebik W4RNL (SK)  ****

Folks:

Announcing the release of a new book by LB Cebik,  W4RNL
entitled Some Basics of Multi-Band Beam Design.

Includes 52  example working antenna modeling  files.

WHAT IS A  MULTI-BAND BEAM??
In the words of the author, LB Cebik, a beam is any  directional
antenna. In the broadest terms, then, a multi-band beam is any  antenna
that is directional on more than one amateur band. (Of course, we  can
make multi-band beams for other than amateur radio use, for example,
for the old lower- and higher-frequency television broadcast
channels.)  We shall pare down our subject by first limiting ourselves
to horizontal  antennas, the type used in the upper HF and the VHF
regions of the  spectrum.

UNDER A VEIL OF SILENCE
The process of designing multi-band  beams has largely hidden beneath a
veil of silence. Those who pursue this  work very often have a
proprietary interest in the designs. Some with a  virtually intuitive
knack for the process very often cannot clearly  articulate what they
do so well. So most amateur literature simply passes  over the subject
or presents a design without much theoretical commentary.  We, the
outsiders who look in on multi-band beam design, view it as a  mystery,
as a function of secret optimizing software, as esoteric knowledge  to
which the average amateur is denied access.

This 247-page volume  simply presents what I have managed to learn
about the process over the  years. I have certainly not learned
everything-just enough to get started  and to realize the limits of
what I know. -LB Cebik

For more details  about this new book, click  here:

http://www.antennex.com/news/index.html

For  lots of other good things like books, software,
etc. and more than 100  products:
http://www.antennex.com/shopping.htm

Thanks for your time  & hope to see you soon!

All the best,
Rosetta (Rosie)  Stone