Re: [TowerTalk] bIG ANTENNA PROBLEM

To: k3lr@k3lr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] bIG ANTENNA PROBLEM
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 23:21:06 -0500
I wonder about your situation - setup...   You say you have 47 feet of
window line feeder...

Hmmmm...   that would put it, at best,  only 47 feet above ground,
assuming the center of your dipole is exactly above your rig, and it
is outside in the back yard on the ground....

But, I am sure that is not the case, and given your description of how
the feed line comes down around the gutters, I presume  your dipole
hangs just a little bit above your roof.   If you have  two story home,
then I am guessing it runs very close to the roof.

Consequently, I am thinking it is difficult to tune because it is hanging
just way too close to the roof, gutters, downspouts, and whatever else
you have hanging around - especially if you have metal masts or
stand offs or supports.

Just how close is it to the rest of the stuff in your yard?  How high is
it off the ground?   What metal and other objects are near it.  How
do you support it?   Tell us as much as you can.