Re: [TowerTalk] Gin pole use instructions

To: "'Michael Ryan'" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gin pole use instructions
From: "Drax Felton" <draxfelton@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:23:28 -0500
Thank you, that makes sense.  I have never seen one being used - that is my
problem.

The "loop over the top" part meant that I was trying to lift up the pole and
clamp with the clamp near the bottom on the gin pole.  That made lifting the
whole thing awkward and I didn't have enough leverage to keep the pole top
against the tower.  To keep the thing from tipping over I looped a rope
around the tower and pole so it couldn't topple over sideways while I
manhandled the clamp into place.