Re: [TowerTalk] Lanyard hookup to tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lanyard hookup to tower
From: mwdink@eskimo.com
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:04:03 -0800 (PST)
It's not always possible, but I can't stress how
helpful it has been to have experienced mentors
or to have worked (ground crew or in the air) with
experienced Hams before embarking on my own projects.

Even with 20 years now on various towers, I still learn
something new each time I work with one and there are
things we did back then I would never consider now
(Not saying those things are happening.) You can still
get injured or die on a 30' tower. Be safe, ,ake sure you
are using the right tools, and if you can, find someone
to share the job with.

take care
dink, n7wa