Re: [TowerTalk] LM-470 at 100 MPH

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LM-470 at 100 MPH
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 03:46:52 +0000
100 MPH winds ??? In California ?? They expecting Global Warming
to cause Typhoons to hit ??

73, Dick, W1KSZ> From: k6zz@ccis.com> To: bmaser@tampabay.rr.com;
towertalk@contesting.com> Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 19:40:22 -0800> Subject: Re:
[TowerTalk] LM-470 at 100 MPH> > Obviously true, however the building
department won't look> at it that way. They'll want to see an>
analysis/certification showing the conditions under which> the structure will
meet the wind loading requirements. They> may accept my committment to "keep it
cranked down when the> winds are up", but I suspect not. I'll find out soon>
enough.> > Bob > > ----- Original Message Follows -----> From: "Bob Maser"
<bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>> To: <k6zz@ccis.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LM-470 at 100 MPH> Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 02:50:01
-0000> > > Anybody that leaves a crankup tower up in 100mph wind> > potential
deserves to lose it. I guarantee you that a> > LM470 cranked all the way down
will not be blown down in> > any wind. Of course, the elements will be stripped
off> > the boom
 long before, then goes the boom.> > > > Bob W6TR> > ----- Original Message
----- > > From: "Bob Selbrede, K6ZZ" <k6zz@ccis.com>> > To:
<towertalk@contesting.com>> > Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:32 AM> >
Subject: [TowerTalk] LM-470 at 100 MPH> > > > > > > Hello,> > >> > > Has anyone
had the Triex LM-470 professionally evaluated> > > for antenna load capacity in
a 100 MPH Basic Wind Speed> > > zone? Turns out our local building code will be
changing> > > on 1 Jan 09 to require new structures to meet the 100> > > MPH
requirement. I suspect most free standing crankup> > > towers, fully extended,
may not handle these wind> > > conditions unloaded let alone with a good size
tribander> > > on them. How does an 85 MPH 3 second gust rating of 18> > > Sq
Ft look at 100 MPH? I would estimate around 4 Sq Ft.> > >> > > 73, Bob K6ZZ> >