[TowerTalk] Testing a Balun

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Testing a Balun
From: "KC2PCR" <kc2pcr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 10:51:57 -0500
Hello & Happy Holidays to All!

I would be interested to know what the procedure would be to perform a test
on a balanced to un-balanced transformer (balun) like the Unadilla W2AU to
determine It's value and also if its working properly. IE: values= 1:1 , 4:1
, 9:1 etc.

I have a 259B analyzer and a bench style muli-meter as available test
equipment, and would obtain whatever else may be needed.

My apologies in advance for a poor understanding in the area of antenna
current & impedance, it isn't from a lack of trying ;)

Thanks & 73

Doug - kc2pcr

Oneida Lake, NY