[TowerTalk] 160M dipole idea for 160/80M?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160M dipole idea for 160/80M?
From: "Marc Tessier - VE3TES" <ve3tes@cogeco.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 23:31:40 -0500
Just playing around with an antenna design , I found the plans for an 80M
version of such antenna on the net recently, and was wondering if this one
might work for 160M as well, link >>>
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3tes/linear%20loaded%20160m%20dipole.JPG

and would it be possible to make this into a twin band dipole by adding relays
to short out the lengths of ladder line? as shown here as switches >>>
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3tes/linear%20loaded%20160m%20dipole-80switch.JPG

Just looking for some input, after running the CW  test on the weekend from my
80M dipole I figured this band could be some real fun, so time to start
thinking of a more efficient antenna for 160...

Regards,

Marc Tessier - VE3TES

ve3tes@cogeco.ca
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3tes/