To: <W5KI@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 72, Issue 40
From: "Terrence R. Redding, Ph.D." <terry@oltraining.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:24:49 -0500
Steve, very interesting.  So the rotator is most likely good, and the
controller in the shack it most likely bad.  I actually have three of these
rotators, but the plug at the rotator is different, so maybe I can just swap
out the controller in the shack and be back in business.  One is 13 years
old, another is 8 years old, and this on is three years old.  All the same
model.  The first two were covered by insurance claims.  The last ine,
associted

Here in West Palm Beach, Florida we have a lot of lightning.  I am sure most
rotator problems I have had have been associated with near strikes and
current surges.

Hopefully I will be able to get this one fixed without buying a fourth
rotator.

Terry - W6LMJ