Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000-DXA Rotator Problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000-DXA Rotator Problem
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 22:32:29 +0000
Besides what pete said... there are some other very simple tests to do
first.

1. break out your volt meter and measure the voltages on the motor power
outputs from the control box.  They should be 12-24v and reverse polarity
when you change direction.
2. with a 12v supply capable of a couple amps carefully jumper power to the
motor pins going up to the tower and watch the antenna to see if it turns.
Reverse polarity to turn the opposite direction.

If the voltages in 1 are ok, and the rotor doesn't turn in 2, then you may
have a real problem.

Another test is to take a portable drill or 12-18v gel cell and a couple
jumpers up the tower and try to power the rotor motor directly.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net