[TowerTalk] rope launchers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rope launchers
From: "Skip K3CC" <k3cc@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 11:43:58 -0500
Eric, I have always used a bow and arrow,  However, not just any old arrow.
I use Flu Flu arrows for small trees and regular field arrows with bird tips
for larger trees.

The first line over the tree is attached to the arrow and is deer tracker
line.  Once this is over the tree I attach builders twine and pull it over
and attach the main line you wish to use.

Deer tracker line is like dental floss and has a 300 lbs break strength.
The spool mounts on the bow and the line attaches to the tip of the arrow.
This line is not reusable. I use bird tips because they are blunt and will
not stick into trees.

Happy tree hunting and a Merry Christmas

de Skip  K3CC