Re: [TowerTalk] Best way of getting a line over a tree

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Best way of getting a line over a tree
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 21:05:20 -0500

n8de@thepoint.net wrote:
> Check the internet for "potato gun" designs.

Yah beat me to it Don. <:-)) However, ye' ol' "potato gun" even when
used with tennis balls has a bit of variance in the energy/trajectory
and is normally used like a mortar due to the "recoil". I'm not sure I'd
want my face next to the breach end of that thing during combustion
either although I've never seen one blow up.  That and his wife might
wonder what he's doing with all her hair spray.

BTW, my previous neighbor built several and I'll swear the one would
throw a 2# potato a good city block accompanied by a deep throated
*BOOM* with plenty of authority.

73 and a Happy New Year coming up.

Roger (K8RI)