Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800SDX Rotator - Motor Connector Query

To: "'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800SDX Rotator - Motor Connector Query
From: "Adam Shirley WJ4X" <WJ4X@AMSAT.ORG>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 23:38:10 -0500
Strangely enough today I looked at the schematic for the 800 DXA rotator I
have to see if I could borrow a 12+ line (unfortunately not) and saw that
there was nothing at the motor on pin 6. On my "Connection Diagram" in the
manual, pin 6 is shown in my book on the rotor end as doing something, but
not on the motor end. I am wondering if the other pin is used with the 1000
and the 2800, and it's just a generic rotor wiring scheme.

My rotor has 7 pins and the box has a 6 pin molex, The book says wire 1-6
and 7 is left empty. It's matched number for number as well. 1 on the box =
1 on the rotator and so forth

Just my thought on it, good luck!

73! and Happy New Year!
  -Adam