Re: [CQ-Contest] Yaesu G-450A rotor troubles

To: <KI9A@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Yaesu G-450A rotor troubles
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:58:07 -0000
Hi Chuck,

I had a G-400 which is basically the same thing. I found that there is a
rubber belt in the housing that controls the indicator from another motor.
It's not a direct coupling. Mine was slipping so I replaced it until the
whole unit gave up working. I have a spare here if you need it. It's much
like a fan belt. The original one in my controller actually broke due to it
getting very brittle.

It's a bit of a PITA to change it though.

73 -- Paul VO1HE