[TowerTalk] Question on towers on hill top sites

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Question on towers on hill top sites
From: "Mohammed Fareeduddin" <mohammed.fareeduddin@ericsson.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:16:20 +0100
Hello Gents
Good day

I have a question on the subject thus:

We have designed towers of 50, 60 and 90m height using TIA/EIA 222F as
per our client given specifications. Our cleient specifications called
for 45 m/s wind speed, fastest mile wind speed at 10m height. We have
certain cell sites which are on hills [one site is hill 200m], now the
question thus: Can we use our above designed new towers on this hill
site of 200m height.

The site is on a hill, 200m height, adjescent terrian topography shows
that this is the only hill so high around, area around this hill is
quite low lying and sandy plains [no forests].

MORE QUESTIONS:

Do we need to change the 'Gh' qz Kz factors in the design..?
Do we take the tower height as the summation of the hill height + Tower
self height?
Any procedures or factors to modify the wind loads to take effects of
such hills..?
Do we need to do a dynamic analysis for such hill sites.

When i visited this site in Jan this year, it was a quite unexpectly
windy day.

Please help.

BR\\
Mohammed Fareeduddin