Re: [TowerTalk] Copper strap corrosion prevention

To: <draxfelton@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Copper strap corrosion prevention
From: "Wes Attaway \(N5WA\)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 21:33:34 -0600
Copper always turns green when exposed to the elements. There is no need to
protect it except where it makes a connection.  The green copper will
outlast you by hundreds of years.  You can use various anti-oxidant
materials at connection points.  It has been a while since I purchased any
of this stuff, but I think you can get it at industrial electrical supply
houses, and probably from various ham dealers.

1138 Waters Edge Circle - Shreveport, LA 71106
    318-797-4972 (office) - 318-393-3289 (cell)
        Computer Consulting and Forensics