Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister not turning

To: al_n6ta@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister not turning
From: Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 11:05:36 -0800
Tailtwisters have a long known problem of getting "locked up" if you ran the
rotator against either CW or CCW stop ( end of rotation ).

In some instances you can "rock" the CW and CCW levers back and forth to get
it to unstick itself.

Idoom Press sells a neat accessory board for your control box that does an
automatic wiggle when you first try to turn
it when you are within 5 or 10 degrees of the stop. and lets use use the
Calibration Pot to dial in exact
direction you want rotator to coast to hands Fee" with Delayed brake
release.

Hopefully someone else can tell you other methods to "Unstick" the Tail
Twister.

P.S. - If anyone has a Tailtwister laying around collecting dust and wants
to sell it, please let me know.

73, Dennis N6KI