Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/tower Equipment Box

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/tower Equipment Box
From: Michael OBrien <k0myw@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:15:22 -0800 (PST)
I, too, was able to snag a large new top-of-the-line Hoffman weatherproof box
on eBay a few years ago at considerable savings over retail.

One note of caution: The more "weatherproof" the box, the more likely you are
to have condensation problems.

I left my box outdoors, its screw latches and gaskets tightly sealed, for a
year before actually installing it. When I opened it, I was shocked at the
amount of moisture that had accumulated inside.

I subsequently installed a couple of Hoffman vents which, along with my own
vigorously-but-imperfectly-sealed ports for coax entry and exit, keep the
innards dry as temperatures vary through the seasons.

Mike, K0MYW