Re: [TowerTalk] PayPal As a Method of Payment for Tower Parts, etc.

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Blake Bowers" <bbowers@mozarks.com>, <jim@walkersdomain.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PayPal As a Method of Payment for Tower Parts, etc.
From: "NE6V" <NE6V@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:15:58 -0800
What really gets me here are people like JIM WALKER and others who THINK
they know EVERY THING but KNOW NOTHING! So read the attached facts.
1. When setting up an AUCTION on EBAY, YOU MUST ACCEPT PAYPAL. THERE IS NO
WAY NOT TO. PERIOD. Now read this from the PAYPAL user agreement:
4.3 Use of PayPal on eBay. Sellers who offer PayPal as a payment method in
their eBay listings must follow these requirements:

  1.. Accept PayPal if the eBay listing includes PayPal as a payment method.

  2.. Accept all PayPal Payment sources from a buyer, including but not
limited to eCheck and credit cards.

  3.. Have a Premier or Business account or be willing to upgrade to a
Premier or Business account upon receipt of a payment.

  4.. Accept international PayPal transactions if the eBay listing offers
shipping outside the US.

  5.. Sellers may not charge a surcharge for accepting PayPal as a payment
method

As I read above since on EBAY we ARE FORCED TO ACCEPT PAYPAL, PAYPAL SECONDS
THAT AS ABOVE. PLEASE NOTE ALL YOU GUYS READ SECTION "E". YOU CAN"T SAY, +
PAYPAL FEES, BUT SO MANY DO!!

Also about SELLER PROTECTION:(I have experience here, this is how they got
me on a Force 12 6ba that was picked up. The buyer did not file a complaint
but they were auditing my account, so they asked for delivery or shipping
proof of an item picked up. I could NOT provide shipping proof and I wasn't
going to LIE. So by this I was in VIOLATION of the "user agreement")( PAYPAL
said I was taking and making "risky" transactions and putting liability on
them since I didn't follow the program.): NOW READ THIS:

a.. 11.4 What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal seller protection?

You must meet all of these requirements to be covered:

  a.. Ship the item to the shipping address on the "Transaction Details"
page.

    a.. You may access the "Transactions Details" page by logging into your
PayPal Account, selecting "History" and then selecting "Details" for the
transaction.

  b.. Follow the shipping requirements described below.

  c.. Respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information
in a timely manner.

  d.. The transaction must be marked eligible or partially eligible for
seller protection on the "Transaction Details" page.

    a.. If it is marked eligible, protection for both Unauthorized Payments
and Item Not Received will apply. If it is marked partially eligible,
protection for only Item Not Received will apply.

    b.. Items sold on eBay will be marked eligible even if the shipping
address is marked unconfirmed. Generally, items sold on websites other than
eBay will be marked eligible if the shipping address is marked confirmed and
partially eligible if the shipping address is marked unconfirmed.

  e.. The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.

  f.. Your primary residence, as listed in your PayPal Account, must be in
the United States.

a.. 11.5 What are the shipping requirements?

      Shipping requirements Protection for Unauthorized Payment Protection
for Item Not Received
      Proof of Shipment X
      Proof of Delivery   X
      Shipment within 7 calendar days of receipt of payment*   X

* If the payment is for pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, shipment is
required within the timeframe specified in your item listing.

a.. 11.6 What is "Proof of Shipment"?

Online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all
of the following:

  a.. A status of "shipped" (or equivalent) and the date of shipment.

  b.. The recipient's address, showing at least the city/state or zip code
(or international equivalent).

  c.. Official acceptance from the shipping company (for example, a
postmark, a receipt, or online tracking information).

Or, if you have Proof of Delivery then you do not need Proof of Shipment.
a..
a.. I'am not trying to be a "jerk" or as Jim said "knowingly...." I JUST
KNOW WHAT THE TRUTH IS!! I"AM TRYING GIVE A HEADS UP!! Now JIM, You really
GOT ME HOT because you THINK you know the truth you think you know whats
going on but you SIR know NOTHING!!
a..
a.. THIS IS THE END OF THIS SUBJECT PLEASE SEND ME  COMMENTS DIRECT. PLEASE
NO  MORE HERE ON THE REFLECTOR.. I told STEVE I WOULDN"T GO OFF SUBJECT AND
WE HAVE SO PLEASE LETS RESPECT STEVE'S WIShES!! PLEASE