[TowerTalk] Antenna Library

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Library
From: "Barry Fox" <foxbw@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:54:01 -0500
TowerTalkians:
Another one ya gotta have is "Antennas" by John Krause, W8JK (SK).
It's quite a tome at almost 900 pages and quite heavy on math, but
lots of good stuff, including the famous W8JK array, the helix
antenna he invented and of course, BigEar.
Check out his biggest antenna at: http://www.bigear.org/

My son was attending Ohio State University while BigEar was in
operation.  During one of my visits to OSU, I managed to wangle
a private tour of the site.  W8JK had incredible vision and
the knack of putting that vision into hardware.  Check out the
bigear.org site, click on all the links, it just boggles the mind.

If you missed this link: http://www.bigear.org/hotspots.htm, be
sure to check it out.  It gives a detailed explanation of each
component of the array.

Also, his biography "Big Ear Two", is definitely worth acquiring
and reading.

73,
Barry - W1HFN