[TowerTalk] Comparison of W6NL Moxon to the wire Moxon

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Comparison of W6NL Moxon to the wire Moxon
From: John King <k5pgw@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:48:45 -0800 (PST)
I suspect that this topic has been beaten to death on this list, but I would
like to hear from those who have experience with the "classic" Moxon made of
either wire or a combination of wire and aluminum. I have read Mr. Cebik's
papers on the theory and design of each type. I interpret his papers to be
"what if" a Moxon was constructed with certain materials. The "proof is in the
pudding", meaning that you really don't know how the recipe turns out until you
put the components together.

I have a supply of aluminum tubing and want to construct a 2 element  rotary
for 4o meters and the Moxon seems to be better than a "plain" Yagi.

Since I don't have the knowledge, software or skill to model one, I am at a
loss as how to move forward. What makes the W6NL design better and how much
better is it? What performances characteristics make the W6NL design better.

Thanks for your input. 73, John, K5PGW