Re: [TowerTalk] T2X lower mast bracket question

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] T2X lower mast bracket question
From: David McKenzie <kb1fsy@vhfwiki.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:41:00 -0500
Thanks for the input everyone, I ended up getting one off ebay cheap early
last week, drilled it out and it worked fine. Unfortunately it seems that
MFJ service dept didn't fully repair the T2x when I had it fixed, as it made
a few full rotations with no issues and then began binding around 240
degrees. I'll have to take it down again and open it up to see if it's
something simple, but most likely it's going to need to be repaired again
since they didn't fix the root cause of the problem. When it was donated
from a friend it had a broken gear shaft and an out-of-round worm gear.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has any spare Ham IVs or T2x or similar
rotor that works on the same 8 pin control box they are looking to sell? I'd
rather swap something else in and then get this repared and keep it as a
spare. As my roof tower is only 8sqft wind load rated anyway, i'd be happy
with any lighter duty rotor that works with the control box.

Regards,
Dave KB1FSY