Re: [TowerTalk] Power poles as antenna supports

To: n8de@thepoint.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Power poles as antenna supports
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:29:07 -0500
Woah... that IS  great opportunity.

  I take it you are going to inherit the LAND *and* and
POLES... or just the Poles?   Your post is not clear.

But it may cost you like $200 - $500 per pole to have them
re-installed and maybe more depending on the cost to remove
them first.   I agree you should only remove the farthest first and
see if you can use the others closer where they are - maybe for
a beverage receiving antenna.   Maybe for multiple options.

I strongly suggest you get and read the ARRL Antenna Handbook
and study up ALL the different things you can do with such an
arrangement.    Maybe get On4UN's Low Band DX-ing book with
lots of good antenna ideas.

This is a great opportunity - not only to build - but to learn what
to build, as well.

Take your time and see what you can do first.