Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Antenna Suggestions Wanted

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Antenna Suggestions Wanted
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 08:51:49 -0800
RICHARD SOLOMON wrote:

>A local club has access to two towers, 110' apart. They want to
>put up a wire antenna for 30, 40 & 80. It will be at the 50' level
>on the towers.

>What would you folks recommend they get ?

I had a similar space requirement on my Chicago city lot. I had great
experience there with the loaded dipole of 80 and 40 made by HyPower
Antenna Company. Barry advertises in QST and you can google him. You
want the longest of his loaded 80/40 dipoles. It also works quite well
on 30M.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC