Re: [TowerTalk] dx blaster antenna

To: "k2vi" <k2vi@cox.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dx blaster antenna
From: "Larry Banks" <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:29:37 -0500
Hi Tony,

The recognized "Collins Standard" -- is 6 dB/S-unit.  However, very few
modern transceivers stick to this standard.  Most are from 3 to 5 dB/S-unit,
and most are very non-linear.  Most modern transceivers inflate the true
value of the received signal and therefore you cannot compare transceiver
receivers by comparing S-unit readings.

73,
Larry
W1DYJ