Re: [TowerTalk] dx baster antenna

To: "k2vi" <k2vi@cox.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dx baster antenna
From: "Dan Hearn" <n5ar@air-pipe.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:11:29 -0800
There has been plenty of discusssion here about power versus db improvement
in signal and I will not address that. I have measured S meter readings with
accurate equipment on probably 25 different transceivers. Surprisingly they
all are quite similar. S meter steps for small signals are around 3db/ S
unit up to a reading of S4 or so. From there until S9 the steps are usually
around 5db/S unit. Above S9 the S meters are usually quite accurate for
large signals.
73, Dan, N5AR