Re: [TowerTalk] Help identifying tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help identifying tower
From: "Alviar, Tony" <talviar@fcema.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:10:57 -0400
Chuck, et. al.

Give me a few days to get to where the tower is stored so I can get the
dimensions and pics ready. (Have time today, but forgot my camera)

More info though.  Size varied on towers from original 70's project.  I guess
it depended on what the locals wanted and what the RF engineers felt was
necessary for coverage.  This particular beast happens to be 100'.  Can't
remember if bottom section was 4 ½' or 6 ½' across though.

I'll get back to the list in a few days with more details if they are
beneficial.  (Helping facilitate the delivery of this tower if Chuck can make
use of it)

Tony

hi all,

    Does anyone from Towertalk Land happen to  remember or know anything

about the SW PA Police Radio project involving Motorola Micor Base Stations

from circa 1973?

     As part of this project there were a number of towers installed, most

were of the free standing 100' variety.  I believe they were Rohn towers.

     I realize this is pretty vague but does anyone think that with some

pictures and detailed measurements they could identify a model here?  I

believe it is a Rohn tower.

     I have had one of these 100' monsters given to me.  Before the

permitting process can start, etc. not to mention the specs for the hole,

rebar and how many yards of concrete so it is a safe install I need to

identify it at least.  Would like to get this thing erected this summer if

at all possible.

Chuck / W3YNI