[TowerTalk] Belden 9405 and UV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Belden 9405 and UV
From: "Steve Davis -Davis RF Co." <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 01:49:22 -0400
   Hi Mike,
Belden 9405 uses a basic PVC which does not incorporate a UV inhibitor.
Although not as critical as using the same jacket on a coax cable, the outer
jacket will break down over time and cause same to occur with the inner
conductors.
DAVIS RF sells rotor control cables which we designed and are mfd. with PE
(Polyethylene) which is unaffected by UV.   Although Belden is a great name,
carrying with it premium cost, we design and mfr. our cables to be much
longer lasting and at less cost.
   You can contact me direct if you would like to pursue this further and I
will personally help you out.
73,   Steve ,  K1PEK,

DAVIS RF Co.,  Div. of Orion Wire Co., Inc.

Wire, Cable, RF Connectors and wire aerial parts.   LMR, Heliax, Eupen

Commercial / Military / & Custom Cable Design

tel:  978-369-1738     Fax:  978-369-3484
www.DavisRF.com