Re: [TowerTalk] Crossover Transfer Relay

To: W5KI@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crossover Transfer Relay
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 15:30:12 -0700
W5KI@aol.com wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Agree.  And thanks for your later comments about failure of one  of the ABSS.
>  Something I didn't consider for Ken, since I use a  single transfer switch
> here (the 300-11002-2 you mentioned [below],  good to 1 Ghz.)
>
> Steve, W5KI

The recent reference to KK1L's switch is interesting. He uses 3 SPDT
relays per "antenna port", which makes it fail safe, at least as far as
not connecting two radios together accidentally.

There's also an HP ap note, AN332, which I don't think is online, which
is a good summary of all sorts of rf switching. I see it's not marked
with a copyright, so maybe I can put it online. I'll write to Agilent
and ask.

Jim, W6RMK

BTW
http://www.hpmemory.org/ressources/resrc_an_01.htm is a useful resource