Re: [TowerTalk] Anyone know the CURRENT Los Angeles County Zoning Rule

To: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anyone know the CURRENT Los Angeles County Zoning Rule
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:41:01 -0700 (PDT)
Mike wrote:

> They will ask if you are using a contractor and the total cost of the job
> including Antenna Support Structure, in my case I did everything myself
> with
> the help of friends.  The Tower was used and has no value, if you get my
> drift! The permit price is directly related to the price of the job.

It's nice you got away with this calculation, but you are supposed
to value the labor at prevailing wage rates, not zero because you did
everything yourself.  The tower needs to be valued at the fair market
value, not zero because you got a deal on it.  Again, more power to
you if this worked for you, but others shouldn't count on following
in your footsteps.

Rick N6RK