[TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 17:03:06 -0400
I've modeled verticals near salt water in AO and seemed to get accurate
results.  I'm not familiar with EZNEC, is there a setting for ground
conductivity?

John KK9A

To: RadioIR@charter.net, towertalk@contesting.com
From: RLVZ@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 15:29:43 EDT

Hi Guys,

TT is tremendous- what a wonderful wealth of information is shared!

I am NOT trying to stir up trouble here as I am very thankful for  modeling
software like EZNEC.  But I'm hoping that the accuracy of modeling  software
will continue to improve.

RadioIR (below) states how EZNEC is not always accurate.

A few weeks ago, I posted an e-mail on how in dozens of side by side
comparisons my single 40-m. 1/4 wave vertical near saltwater worked at
least
as
well, if not better, than a new Cushcraft XM-240 Shorty-Forty at  90' in all
directions the vertical looks over saltwater: Europe, Africa,  and South
America.
Computer modeling indicated that the Shorty Forty  should have about a 10dB
advantage over the vertical with  saltwater.  (and the vertical has a
minimal
radial  system: two 1/4 radials and a single 2" copper  strap saltwater)

My hope is that more actual side by side antenna comparison  information can
be used to improve modeling accuracy.

73,
Dick- K9OM